POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 36.b3.win bright media bug : Re: 36.b3.win bright media bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 36.b3.win bright media bug
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Apr 2004 13:31:34
Message: <4076ddf6$1@news.povray.org>
Please read:

>From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] povrayWWWSPAMCOMorg>
>Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
>Subject: bug reporting
>Date: Don, 11. Jul 2002 5:32 Uhr
>
> The minimum information to include in your bug report is:
>
> - The version number of POV-Ray you are using, such as 3.1g, 3.5,
> etc. You can see this by selecting About from the Help Menu (in
> POV-Ray for Windows).
>
> - Your operating system. It is surprising how many people fail to
> provide this basic piece of information. We need to know what version
> of Windows, Mac, or unix variant you are running.
>
> - Your system specs; what processor and how much memory.
>
> - A complete description of the problem and what led up to it. It
> will make it a lot easier to track down if you can include a scene
> file that will enable us to duplicate the problem. Please remove
> non-essential parts until you have the *minimum* scene file that will
> reproduce the problem (but do include your camera and light source!).

Sadly, your scene just fails to render for me because it assumes about one
million things, it extremely long and complex, and simply cannot be used to
track down what you think could be a bug.  For all I know it could be a
problem in your complex scene.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde